Saturday, March 31, 2018

Weather It Is (Nice Weather For Now)

Good Evening:

Today was a spectacular weather day.  The sky was a deep blue and the fields were bright with an early spring green.

I don't think that anyone will complain about the weather during the holiday.  Temperatures will continue to moderate upwards into the 20s in many locations, as winds blow lightly from the west and south.

However, some tropical moisture may bring some tropical showers at the end of the week.  By tropical moisture, I mean that moisture will arrive at middle and upper levels, passing not over the sea, but Africa from the Atlantic ocean.

Looking further ahead into the week after Pesach, there is some divergence in the model forecasts.  There is about a 70% chance the dry and pleasant weather will continue, but there is a 30% chance of a chilly rain.

I was surprised that the rainy weather of Friday didn't damp down the protests along the Gazan fence. You have to really hand it to the Hamas leadership.  They're brilliant.  They take materials sent for building hospitals, sewage treatment plants, and new housing, and they use it to build tunnels (and missiles).  Then, they use the electricity we supply to power their machines that do the building, and provide light under ground.  Then, they tell the world that their people are suffering from a lack basic infrastructure, clean water etc.  We feel badly for them, so we (and to some extent other countries) send them more supplies to relief the "suffering" of the Gazan people.

But, here's where they're really smart.  Having driven the Gazan economy to ruin, and with only "enough" weapons to support an army of 25,000, they've driven their people to such desperation that they're willing to die at the border between Gaza and Israel. They've sold them on the "right of return," without mentioning that most of the people who live in Gaza never lived anywhere else in what was called "Palestine" (now Israel) before the local Arab populations took that name for themselves.

It sounds like a sob story, but the Gazan people are simply being used by Hamas as another weapon in their war to destroy the State of Israel.  They should be reminded that we've been around a lot longer than they have (actually, this week we tell the story of our Exodus from Egypt several thousand years ago!), that in every generation there arises someone who wishes to destroy us, and that we're still here.  Thank God for that!

Have a nice holiday,

Barry Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.